Friday, December 18, 2009

Healthy Hair Journey: DAY 1

In the spring, I went from collar bone length hair, to a shaved in the back, to a mohawk. I then started to grow my hair back by doing quick weaves using Grow Protect Solution. Now that my hair has grown to the point where the shaved part is now grippable, I am now going to start wear wigs. This is the fastest way for me to grow my hair. Today I washed my hair with Cream of Nature Shampoo for color treated hair for the first shampoo-ing and Pantene Pro-V Relaxed & Natural Anti-Danfruff Shampoo for the second. I then deep conditioned with Pantene Pro-V Relaxed & Natural Intenseive Moisturizing Conditioner and applied Doo Gro "Anti-Itch Growth Oil", under a plastic cap. Sitting under a dryer would really do the trick, but I really hate sitting under the dryer so I just leave the cap on for a while and start doing something else. After I while I washed the conditioner and oil out really well and applied a palm full of Dr. Miracle Relaxed Hair Potion leave in conditioner. I then molded my hair with gel, foam wrap lotion and spritz. Usually what I do is just apply some heat protectant (the best is Nexus or Mazani) and blow dry it and put it in a pony-tail, but I am in major need of a relaxer and I'm just putting it off for a couple of weeks. If I were to blow dry my hair, it would be extremely poofy and would not lay down, therefore my wig would not lay right on my head. The gel that I prefer to use for molding is Ampro black styling gel. I also like Proclaim Olive Oil Foaming Wrap Lotion  and Bonner Brothers Pump It Up Spritz. After molding my hair, it wrapped it with Sanek Jump Wrap strips and set under the dryer. I then put on the wig (Vanessa - Joby), securing it with plenty of bobbi pins. I really like it for right now. It does shead a lot. I think I'm going to buy a synthentic lace front wig when I go home this weekend. So if you have questionleave a comment. Peace out my loves!!!!!!!!!!!













0 comments:

Post a Comment