Friday, November 6, 2009

Real Talk: Shopping Plus Size.....So Irratating!!!!!!

Hello everyone I just want talk about the shopping pains of the young, full-figured and voluptuous. As much as I love fashion, I really hate shopping. Some of you may as ask, "girl why is that?" Well my darlings, that is because I deal with the issue of finding things that fit me correctly and don't make me look older than I am. Real talk, I'm kind of tired of people thinking I'm 29 years old with kids. I can dress the hell out of other people but when I comes to myself....don't get me wrong I'm known as one of the best dressed females, but it's not as FIERCE as it could be. Now it just really pisses me off that I can never find a pair jeans that fit correctly. If you know me, I LOVE leggings...why? Because I was blessed with a few extra in the middle and jeans just push it up creating an unwanted roll that pokes through shirts. NOT CUTE AT ALL. Now, I know us Thick Madames, have always been told to wear long shirts and empire tops.....I don't know about you, but that just makes me look bigger and pregnant. SO NOT WHAT'S UP! Now, what I have found effective for me and other young women in that gray area between juniors/misses and plus/women's: tops with large ruffles, and tops with banned bottoms work with our body type nicely. And if you are heavy in the chest area, please avoid trapeze tops at all cost! But back to my fustration, the one thing that really grinds my gear is that plus size items are just so expensive! I understand that the price would be a little more because of the need for extra fabric, but if I'm going to pay more I don't want it to look like I got it from the sales rack at Deb's or Rainbow. Now for my more voluptuous diva's, there is a store, Torrid that has trendy plus size clothes, it a little high but that have nice clothes (check out http://www.torrid.com/) But as for me, if anyone has any solutions to this issue that plagues me so, fell free to drop a comment LOL. Love you all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment